Saturday, July 4, 2015

Rice bed and Antique Chest of Drawers


I was so excited to start this project that I forgot to take a before picture.  
I am sure you all know what it looked like though.
It was a queen size Rice bed in Cherry finish.

I started by painting it Annie Sloan Chalk Paint Old White.

Then I distressed it.



After distressing it I put on Clear then Dark Wax.  Then spent some time working the dark wax into all the crevices.


The client wanted the chest in two colors Annie Sloan Old White and a very light shade of Annie Sloan Louis Blue. I mixed Louis Blue with Old White till I got it the shade of blue the client wanted.



I did the same as I did with the bed.  I distressed then put on Clear and Dark Wax.
 
The client had all the original hardware and it looked amazing when it was done.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts