Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Little Blue Dresser


Like the little engine that could.  This little dresser thought she could, knew she could be something special.  I agreed, and Got a little "Miss Mustard Seed" with her. 


Here she is when we got her into the shop.  Very pretty or at least she had potential for sure.

I wanted to try a Grey and White color combination as I have seen so many of you do.




I painted the whole piece the Grey color.  Then put a coat of clear wax over the whole thing.  After that was dry I painted the drawers and the inset sides a white.  I also took a dry brush with white and dry brushed the raised parts of the backboard.  I then distressed the piece with Grey showing through the white areas.  A colored wax then went on over the whole piece.



 I


 I kept the original hardware, I thought it was pretty and went so well with the backboard design.



I even tried my hand at staging it since I painted this one at home and am taking it back to the shop.


The little blue dresser was very happy again.  Now hopefully she will find a new home very soon.

Linking up to Savvy Southern Style  

7 comments:

  1. wow, I think it came out fantastic! Yes you channeled Miss Mustard Seed alright! I don't know how you can give it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great to meet you yesterday...and I have to come to the shop and take a look around. My daughter just told me she's moving into a new apt. when her lease expires, so you know what that means....new decorating projects! Hopefully I'll find some treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Connie, that looks so good. Love the two colors together and great distressing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Job! Love the color combination. Just the right amount of distressing and I'm all about detailing. Come visit me sometime.
    Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh.my.goodness. i want this piece. do you ship to kentucky?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the dresser and your blog! New follower :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts