Saturday, May 7, 2011

The Old Wardrobe gets a Redesign

This wonderful old piece was DONATED to us at the store. Treasures Resale (non profit) Consignment Store Roswell, GA  Can you believe it.....?  We have some wonderful people that believe in the store and all we do.  We really appreciate all the love.







 It needed SO much work.  It was rather unstable, probably cause the back wasn't all there.  One of the doors wouldn't stay shut.  It needed some scraping with all the chipped paint..... but all in all it turned out really nice I think.

 It was painted a Behr color called Verdigris,  then we dry brushed a bit of the Crisp Linen on the high points, and the curves of the feet.






The crackle is still there I wanted to put a glaze on it as I thought the crackle would show up more, but was vetoed by "the cat".  You all may remember her from here and here andhere :)  We will see what happens, if it doesn't sell we can always put that glaze on it later.  I will keep you posted and if the glaze goes on will put up another picture. 

3 comments:

  1. thanks for saying hello. i love this piece. simply amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a pretty piece. I'm sure it will sell. I'm visiting from Molly's. I used to live in Marietta and now I'm down in FL. We sort of switch places :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Connie, that armoire is gorgeous. I love it. Great idea for the place mats, too.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts