Monday, December 10, 2012

 A wonderful transformation.....

This started out as two seperate sets of drawers.  They used to reside under a waterbed for extra storage.  Do you see it?  Two sets of three drawers.  We put them one on top of the other and by we I mean Mr. Sensible Redesign did that ;)

Maybe you can see it better here.  They were pretty much empty shells no top no bottom just drawers.  As I said the Mr. put them one on top of the other with his handy Kreg Jeg tool.  Then we needed a top and a bottom and a base.

That top needed a rather large trim piece to balance out the chunky fronts on those drawers so where the top edge is and where the bottom or floor of the piece is we added 1 1/2 inch trim board.  To the base Mr. SR added a base straight forward 1x6 on edge. 

If you remember they were black so all I had to do was repaint the shell and the added wood.  I also painted the drawer pulls Oil Rubbed Bronze.

Its a real convienent size it fits perfectly at the end of a King Size bed or it could be put under a bank of windows for a window seat OR it could hold that humungous TV your husband wants ;)

Took it to Treasures Resale Upscale Consigment Store It sold!!  Yay

Have a great week everyone..

Monday, December 3, 2012

Bathroom Redesign with little monies

Today we will take a break from furniture Redesigns and I will show you my spare bathroom.  It was in dire need of a quick spruce up.  Company coming and all.  My daughter asked if we were ever going to do "something" with that room.  So the pressure was on!

 This is the AFTER of course:

 This is the before............................

Oh wait in this photo we have already painted the upper portion of the walls but you can see it was a manila yellow color and those two white spots going up and down were where we took out the handicapped handles the two horizontal white spots are the towel bar holes.  The handicapped patches have been there almost a year.  That could be why the mention of "are you going to do anything with that room?" comment.

So we painted the room a very light sage green/grey

Below the fresh paint I added Beadboard wallpaper I bought from Rhoda @ You can find it here.  It is really nice and thick wallpaper.  Seriously you can not tell the difference from the real thing.

 I put it up real high as is the trend now......

 As I said this was done with little monies so none of the tile or fixtures were changed in this process.

Purely superficial.  Just had to show you this disaster lurking behind the light fixture....  Can you imagine this wallpaper in this little bathroom.. I mean WOW  crazy!!

After all the wallpaper was up Mr. Sensible added a 1x6 that I had painted up to cover the top of the wallpaper.

We added hooks for the towels and bought a new shower curtain that I clearly didn't iron before or ever when  I took the picture.

If you go back a few pictures you might notice that the knobs on the cabinet are brass and now the towel holders are brushed silver.  Well as luck would have it our kitchen had brushed silver knobs and we changed them all out in another Redesign for little monies.  I saved them so coming up with two brushed silver ones was no problem. The faucet was a little bigger issue however.  The brass would not do.  So as this bathroom is very seldom used except for aforementioned company we fixed that problem with....... you guessed it spray paint!

A Happy New Room for Company... Daughter approves too ;)

Popular Posts