One night when I was up at 3am not being able to sleep, I saw this lantern by my fireplace. Hmm I thought to myself I had the makings all along!
Then we began taking it apart and doing some "Redesigning"
We needed to cut a hole in the base to thread the cord through.
Then we needed to cut the little top off and drill a hole in it so we could attach the socket and harp for the shade.
We bought a socket kit at Lowes and attached it to the top. I then Spray painted it Oil Rubbed Bronze.
Then we put the glass back on the base and threaded the electrical cord up through the base into the socket.
Clear cord so it wouldn't show to much through the glass.
I found this awesome lamp shade at a closeout sale at Kirklands 4 bucks wining!! Its burlap and just the right size.