Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Fresh Eggs

I have been doing some signs, I have found other blogs doing them and thought why not give them a try.  

Here is my result.


Let me tell you how I got to this point.  This piece of wood was at the shop where I volunteer.  It was old and dusty.  I painted it with Annie Sloans Old White Chalk paint.

I made the sign on my computer in Print Shop, old school I know.  Printed it out and taped it together where needed.  Then I placed it on the board and taped the pages down.  




 I then used Graphite Paper to transfer the pattern to the board.  I have mentioned this product before and it is VERY helpful in transferring any pattern you may have.  You can purchase it at Hobby Lobby or Michaels.  I have seen it in the Art dept.

 You slip this paper under your pattern dark side down and trace over your pattern.


 I used a red pen because then I can see where I have been.

 

 Pull the pattern up and there it is right on the board. 

Now comes the fun part.  Which is hand painting by filling in the letters. ;)
Here is what that looks like,  I know I am going to distress this so the painting does not have to be perfect.

 On to the distressing.  I used 120 grit sandpaper and lightly went over the whole thing, heavier in some areas for a more weathered look.  I then used a brown glaze and wiped it over the whole project then quickly wiped it off again. 

This is what it looked like inside probably a more accurate depiction  of the colors of the piece.



I just had to sit it outside by my only lovely blooming plants and take a picture..Have we mentioned how hot it is here in Atlanta with no rain?



Hope you like it, it is now for sale at Treasures Upscale Resale Consignment Shop .

Have a great week everyone,




3 comments:

  1. Connie, I love it and great directions. We have had good rain three times in the last few days after none for five weeks. My grass is actually green again. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! Cute! Cute! Great job on the photo tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So great!! It looks so good and thanks for showing us how you did it.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts