Monday, June 3, 2013

Paris Chest


From our trip to Florida,  We found this little chest.  It was pretty worn and beat up.  Plus it had Tigers on it!!  Kind of past its prime.


 I have seen this technique done a few times on Pinterest.  Here is a wonderful example from A Vie Renouvele.

I found a poster at Michaels that almost fit on the front of the chest.    I then painted the chest and its drawers black.  Then took out the drawers, layed them right next to each other top to bottom and put  mod podged all over the drawer fronts. I then layed down the poster on top of the drawers and flattened it out.  Not real easy cause they are curved.  I got all the wrinkles out and let it dry.   Then I put another coat of Mod Podge on top of it.  I cut the drawers apart with a utility knife and trimmed the edges.  I put the drawers back in and added the hardware back on. 


Its quite small as you can see I took the picture against a door and it didn't come up to the middle of the door.

Have a great week everyone!

Connie 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts