Sunday, January 19, 2014

Our Old Pine Hutch


 We have had this hutch for about 5 years in this location off of the dining area and I finally convinced Mr. Sensible that it should be painted.  Only took a year or so ;)

I painted it with one coat of Annie Sloan chalk paint in White and I must add that I used a chip brush to do the painting.  I have previously used a regular paint brush and have found (just like Annie Sloan instructions tell you, the chip brush works just as well and doesn't waste nearly as much paint.)  I then sanded it off.  SO pleased with the way it turned out.



 I thought that some of the wood showing through would be a good idea so I didn't paint the top of the chest or the tongue and groove in the back.



 It was a rather rough sawn piece so when it was sanded we got some nice textures.



 I am now in the process of finding some Ironstone platters and dishes to fill it up ala Miss Mustard Seed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts