Monday, April 23, 2012

Fly Away Chest of Drawers

I have no shame,  I have to admit I found this inspiration over at Cottage Hill and I totally loved it. 

The chest of drawers was one we found on our trip to Florida,



The sides of the chest were veneer and it had been out in the elements I guess cause while it was on our trailer going through Florida, Alabama and Georgia the veneer totally came off the sides of the thing.  What to do?   It was pressed board underneath and that does not paint well.  I took my bead board wallpaper, you can purchase it  here from Rhoda.  I  papered the sides of the Chest. Then painted the whole thing white. 

I went to the Graphics Fairy and found the birds.  Added them with Mod Podge and painted the branches and leaves. I did add a bit of shadow under the birds to give them a bit of dimension.

I added wood knobs painted white.






I must thank Lindy at Cottage Hill,  her piece was so pretty, I just had to make one of my own.

Have a Great Week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts