Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Beautiful Armoire


 This was for a client

This is what it looked like before I started.
She wanted it painted yellow and heavily distressed.  Being that it was already painted white, that is very difficult.  I personally don't like to distress and see white after I have sanded it down.  It looks something like this...
Thats a not for me and I discourage it with my clients.
So the issue was how to get it to look old and distressed without actually distressing it.

I first painted it a yellow called Pyramid Gold its a Home Depot Behr color.

Then I glazed it with Van Dyke Brown not taking very much of the glaze off.


This piece came apart in three pieces, here you see two.  The crown actually came off as well.




Here it is all put back together in the room with the new Bedding that it was painted to coordinate with. It really is a pretty yellow with the glaze over the top of it.

Have a great week, thanks for stopping,

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts