Sunday, November 4, 2012

My Christmas Themed Project


 I found this inspiration on Pinterest...Chalkboard Dresser

 

 I had the perfect dresser at home, I have had it for about 5 years and previously painted it tan and off white striped.

 Mr. Sensible sanded down the stripes for me and I painted the edges and top all in Lenox Tan a Benjamin Moore Color.  Then I taped off all the edges and top and spray painted the drawer fronts, the pieces between the drawers and the sides with Black Chalkboard Paint.

THEN:
I added some Chalk Drawings similar to drawings I found in  Restoration Hardware Baby and Kids Holiday Catalog


This is what I ended up with,

 I took it to Treasures Resale Upscale Consignment Store Roswell GA  Where it is for sale.

We set it next to a piece another volunteer painted with Tan Chalkboard Paint, after our regular painter had sanded down the rest of the piece.

They asked me to Draw something on the front of the tan one so I used another inspiration from the same catalog to cover the front of it.




I HAD SO MUCH FUN!!

Of course these pieces once wiped off, will go back to being just chalkboards and someone else can have a blast drawing something on them!

Enjoy!

Joining these parties
You are Talking too Much Meet Me Monday Party
Be Inspired Link Party
poww-113-furniture-link-party
Power of Paint Party
 

5 comments:

  1. Connie, you have some wonderful Christmas treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this!! and love the early nod to christmas:) i am so ready.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an awfully clever idea!! How fun to be able to change it from season to season!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is awesome and the artwork adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how cool! You combined three of my favorite things - painting furniture, making chalkboards and drawing on chalkboards - awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts