Thursday, January 10, 2013

Antique Chair

Here is a very old chair I had the pleasure to Redesign. 


 It is a chair that was donated to the Store where I volunteer.  Treasures Resale Consignment store in Roswell Ga.  It looked like this when I started.
Not bad but it would not sell....

 Cute little wheels only on the front legs.

 I took off the gimp that was covering all the staples around the upholstery.  Then I painted it with Annie Sloans Old White chalk paint.
I then sanded the white off on all the high spots and ridges, and put a clear wax on the whole thing.

After that I took a tan linen fabric and covered the seat and the cushion at the back of the chair.

 I added new gimp that I purchased from Hobby Lobby.  You may notice that the top  of the chair detail must have broken off and someone glued it back on but got it a bit crooked.  I decided not to try and fix this and instead call it character ;)  I think these things add character and need not be put back to rights.

 Hope you have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts