Friday, November 4, 2011

Fit For Royalty

I found these two chairs at Goodwill.  I was really excited about them I thought they had real potential.  I had an idea of what I wanted them to look like, it took me awhile to find just the right fabric.
DSC05602w
Here is what they started out as…….Gold with Black embossed fabric, very faded.

Italian Chair before W
Here it is after I took off all the upholstery.  I can not tell you how many staples were in this chair it took hours to get them all out. 

Italian Chair mid W
Now I was ready to paint.  First I painted them Annie Slones Louis Blue that I had cut 50/50 with white. Then I painted them with Annie Sloans Old White.  Distressed them down to the gold showing through and Glazed them with a brown glaze.

DSC05616W

DSC05607w

DSC05615w
DSC05609w
Now for the unexpected………

DSC05603w   
Yes that is right a little leopard print on the back!

DSC05604w

DSC05602w
There you have it the King and Queen Chairs! 

Have a Great Weekend Everyone!



Linking up here:
Friday Redoux
Furniture Feature Friday 
Funky Junk Interiors SNS Party 
Sunday Blog Love 
Best of the Best Weekend roundup 
Sew Darn Crafty Party 
Mod Mix Monday
 Meet me on Mondays
Weekend Warrior Link Party
Sunday Showcase Party
Shades of Amber Chalk Paint Party

21 comments:

  1. OMG those are the best!!!!! I love them Connie!! Super awesome~what pretty chairs, and you did an outstanding job on them! I have yet to do my gold frenchy chair and I wasn't going to change the gold, but you have me thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI again..what holds the back part in place? Did you have to put webbing in and then add foam or batting and then attach the fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, the leopard print was the first piece to be stapled on, then I filled with the backing that was in the original piece then put the front fabric on and stapled again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty! Love the fabric too - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Love the paint color, distressing and fabric. The leopard print is the icing on the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just gorgeous! Even better than Royalty. Thanks for sharing. -K

    ReplyDelete
  7. Connie, those are gorgeous. Great fabric and love the surprise of the backs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look fabulous and I love that fabric too, nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful--a far cry from how they looked at Goodwill!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Connie. I just saw you on Sew Many Ways and had to come check out your post. I love that fabric and the leopard on the back was a stroke of genius! I can usually see potential but I would have never expected them to come out this great. I'm a new follower. I hope you'll stop by and visit my blog too.

    Hugs...Tracy @ Cotton Pickin Cute

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! Talk about transformation! Gotta admit, I don't know if I'd have seen the potential or have the decorating skill to put together the refinishing that way with that gorgeous fabric. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are so beautiful! New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You did such a great job with these!! They look like a completely different set! The upholestry looks so good! The leopard print is fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much for your sweet words and for praying for our family. It really does mean so much. I don't know what I would do without God and the friends who pray to him.

    Have a blessed night Connie.
    OX's...Tracy @ Cotton Pickin Cute

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are truly gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing them at the Meet Me Monday linky party! I LOVE the leopard fabric! Great job. Love, Me

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are fabulous! I have two gold Louis chairs I just posted about the other day. Something about glitzy old chairs just makes the heart sing. I found your lovely blog via Modern Vintage Life. Happy to be following!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those look am-ah-zing! The fabric is just perfect for them too. Excellent job!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts