Monday, March 26, 2012

Double Dresser


Here is another piece from our trip to Florida,


This is what it looked like before.....I painted it my go to black,  Home Depots Behr "Black Forever". It goes on looking almost dark blue but dries a true black.  This dresser had a Formica top which I painted first with Chalk paint then with the black forever thinking that chalk paint is suppose to stick to everything then I could paint over it and that layer would stick.  NOT SO!  didn't work, so had to scrape off all the black paint both layers and leave it with a wood grain top.  Didn't look half bad and has already sold at the store.



Have a great week,


3 comments:

  1. Connie, I am so happy to find you. What a lovely dresser! You really breathed new life into it! I love the wood grain top on the dark piece! Wonderfully done!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats interesting to read (the formica and paint). It looks entirely different in black and so much better~no wonder it sold!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great piece! I will be copying this awesome idea (paint on dresser, wood on top) very soon!

    best,
    MOV

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts